Saturday, January 24, 2009

Artist's Chair


My Artist has made beautiful art for me and has also given me some beautiful pieces. I made one for him as a thank you.
A paintbrush sits at the top...an idea I found in one of my collage books. To the left is Scintilla over Verdigris, the painting I commissioned from him. MyArtist is sitting in his artist's chair, (in the collage it is raised, creating a 3D effect)which sits in his studio. He often shared with me his morning ritual of him in sitting in his chair sipping coffee, studying the painting. My first visit to his studio found it decorated with gladiolas encased in a pot done by Nils Lou, a close friend and colleague of his. The vase in the collage is one of Lou's. The twigs are representative of the twigs I returned home with - a tool he used at the beginning of the painting to create texture. The picture tacked on the wall is Van Gogh's "Artist's Chair".
Because the collage is not flat it was nearly impossible to scan. I took a picture of it for this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment