Monday, December 29, 2008

The View From My Head

This one is about me.



The left pane is my past. It has become obscure and the pain faded. I've loved four men in my life - two had been in seminary at one time...they share "faith". The raven with the wedding band represents a window decoration I saw at a very sad time in my life, the bird had a ring in its mouth and was ready to take flight. To me it represented the end of my marriage.

The center pane is the present. My painting, the dedication note from MyArtist (generous heart), my travels.

The "desk" is my "trail" from the past through the future....my favorite places to go. My newspaper career and my favorite coffee....following me from Seattle to Utah.

The future - who knows? It is yet to be fully revealed and I'm positive it will be "rosy". The yoga dude is in my favorite pose. I fully intend to carry my practice forward.

And always - my gossamer-winged dragonfly. He never ventures far from me.

1 comment:

  1. This one is my favorite so far.....so many layers, and well put together.. Thanks for explaining more about it. It's evocative and mysterious, inviting the eye to travel all around it. Windows are a wonderful metaphor. Wish I could read the words but that's OK. Love the zipper revealing future possibilities.....perfect for the new year!

    ReplyDelete